Preparation and After
Once you are a part of our practice we help you at each step along the path from your first visit until long after you’re enjoying the results of your procedures.
We give you written instructions throughout the process – instructions that are easy to understand and timely. We review the instructions with you to make sure you understand. If questions come up later, we are always available to help.
What can you do to prepare for your initial consultation? Here’s a list of things that you can bring to the consultation:
- List of questions.
- List of medications you are currently taking.
- List of vitamins and supplements you are taking.
- List of previous surgeries and medical conditions.
- Name and phone number of your primary care physician, dermatologist, and any medical specialists you are currently seeing.
- Photographs of yourself at a younger age.
- Photographs from magazines of results you like or don’t like.
- Information from previous surgeries (such as the previous doctor’s name and contact info, and information such as implant size if available)
Each surgery is different and has different requirements. At the pre-operative visit two weeks before your surgery (different from the initial consultation,) our patient counselor will explain what you need to do to prepare for your surgery and what to bring the day of surgery. She will also go over your post-operative instructions and provide you with everything you need to know in an easy to follow written format.
We believe in long-term relationships. In the initial few months after your surgery, during the healing process, we will see you in the office frequently. For out of town patients, we will do telephone follow up calls. After the initial healing phase, Dr. Barnett likes to see all patients at least once a year following their surgery. There is no charge for any of your follow up visits, and they are an opportunity to review any new questions. Plus, we like seeing you!