Conveniently located to serve San Francisco, Walnut Creek, and the Bay Area, SF
The decision to have breast augmentation is different for every patient. Should you get silicone or saline implants? What size should you select? These questions can best be answered during a consultation in my office. My staff and I have created a safe and discreet environment where you can speak frankly about your needs and desires for your surgery. With decades of surgical skill combined with artistic sensitivity, I am equipped to tell you what are reasonable expectations for your surgery and to help you get the best results.
Written on August 10, 2020
I’ve known Dr.Barnett as a child and now as a woman, I made the decision to get a breast augmentation. He was the first person I thought of to do the job. I can’t thank him enough for the awesome job he has done. It has built my confidence through the roof. He as well as the receptionist were very attentive and called to check up on me. From the beginning of my consultations to the end result I have felt so relaxed and happy with him and his performance. I recommend him to all and was truly blessed with an amazing recovery! The compliments I have received on how good they look and how great of a job he’s done is overwhelming..happy is all I can say after having them for 8 months now !!! Please get in touch with him if you’re thinking of getting one done!!
What will we discuss at the consultation?
I view every surgery as a partnership and take consultations very seriously. First, we will discuss what you want to achieve with your surgery. What are your desires and goals? Do you want to look better in clothes? Make your breasts more symmetrical? Come prepared to talk about your goals. Other things we’ll cover include:
- The type of implant that is best for you. I use both saline and silicone implants. Depending on how you want to look and your health and lifestyle, I will recommend which type of implant I believe will achieve your desired results.
- The size you want. I will never discuss cup size. They differ from one bra manufacturer to another. Plus, cup sizes look different on every woman based on their frame. Instead, we’ll go through before and after photos, and try on a variety of bras in different sizes under the clothes you wear everyday. This method will get you a size that you are comfortable with and that is the most flattering to you.
- Your questions. I allocate an hour for consultations to make sure there is time to address any questions or concerns you have about the procedure. Write down your questions ahead of time to make sure we cover everything you want to know.
View Patient Results Here*
Breast Augmentation Surgery Details
Having done well over 5,000 breast procedures, I can tell you that each patient has a unique experience, but there are certain things that are universal about the procedure.
- Surgery is performed in a hospital. I perform surgeries at St. Francis Memorial Hospital, California Pacific Medical Center, and San Ramon Regional Medical Center.
- We use anesthesia during the procedure. We also manage the mild to moderate pain post surgery. I recommend that patients take at least 5 days off work for their initial recovery. Then wait an additional 2 weeks before resuming lifting, stretching or strenuous activity.
- There will be some scarring. However, most scars fade over time. *Patients are usually so pleased with their results that the mild scarring is not an issue.
- *It will take a few weeks to begin to truly see results. There can be some swelling right after surgery and scars will be their darkest in the weeks immediately following the procedure. However, most patients are able to see how they will ultimately look about one month post surgery.
Are you ready for your consultation? Complete the form on this page, or call our office at (415) 362-1221 to schedule our meeting.
To learn more about what you can expect during a Breast Augmentation, or to schedule your consultation with Dr. Barnett at either his San Francisco or Walnut Creek office, please complete the form on this page or call (415) 362-1221
*Individual results may vary.